Monday, March 11, 2013

Dr. Seuss and Gooney Bird

Thursday was Dr. Seuss day at the elementary.  The kids decided (at the last minute) that they wanted to dress up.  It made for a busy morning doing some quick cutting and sewing, but they were happy with their simple costumes and looked pretty darn cute.  I was glad that Ben was content to just wear a hat and that Abby didn’t have to be ready until noon.  She really wanted a tail to go with her costume, so I whipped one up and she spent a good part of the morning stuffing it.  She was so proud of the finished product.



Elise got to dress up two days in a row.  Her class had a Gooney Bird Greene party on Friday, so she put together a wacky outfit for the occasion.  She looked adorable and had a great time.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are a great mom to go to all of that effort for your kids! I LOVE Elise's outfit,