Sunday, March 1, 2009

Family Game Night

We had my family over for a game night last night. It was a good fun time. The kids mostly played pool, Wii, and Dance Dance Revolution. The grownups played Druthers and Outburst. The men recovered from a 20 point deficit in our Outburst rematch to win by one point. We were okay with that. You have to let them win sometimes so you don’t break their spirit. If we won every time, they would never want to play.

The highlights:

  • Yummy pizza and Marie Calendar pies.
  • Watching Emily do Dance Dance Revolution with her sparkly silver hand-me-down dance pants hiked up to her knees.

  • The kids having a fun (LOUD!) time with their cousins with no fighting or trauma.

  • Sharing funny Grandma Cardon stories with my brother and sisters.

  • Laughing. A lot.

  • Trying to do push-ups and sit-ups with Jody after everyone had left. She is buff (and a show off). She did more push-ups than Nate and let the kids take turns having airplane rides while she was doing sit-ups. I had a really hard time even doing a sit-up and that was without the extra weight of a 6-year-old being held up above my head at the same time. No more feats of strength at this house!


3 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Looks like such a party! I so miss family gatherings! You have a perfect party house.

-loving emily's pants by the way.

Katie Jason said...

Your family is so much fun! I remember hanging out with them at Thanksgiving. Tell them I say hi!

Heidi said...

That sounds like a blast! I can't believe Nate would let you post about Jody beating him. I love that picture of Emily, priceless!