Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2009 Gratitude Turkey

We had our traditional Thanksgiving family home evening last night. We watched a quality church produced video on youtube before we made our turkey. The rule this year was no repeats. It is always fun for me to see what the kids think of.


My intent was to give everyone their own color so we would remember who said what, but I completely forgot about that when I started writing. Instead, I made a little list so I can remember.

Abby: toys, bed, teddy bear, teddy grahams, Heidi blanket, milk cup

Elise: family, Heavenly Father and Jesus, going to church, clothes, Joseph Smith, Thanksgiving

Emily: friends, Earth, warm house, food, plants, art stuff

Ben: neighbors, kids, video games, legos, back lot, books

Malinda: laptop computers, movie room, good teachers, eggnog, Nate’s job, thunderstorms

Nate: cars that work, indoor bathrooms, healthy bodies, scriptures, chocolate, temples

I love that once the kids got going, there was no stopping them. After all the feathers were used up they just kept spouting out more ideas (most notably “that dinosaurs are extinct so they can’t eat us”). We are a very blessed family. It is good to remember that.

5 comments:

amity said...

way cute turkey this year!! did you make a new one because i swear that last year's was not facing sideways.

Malinda said...

Amity, it is different. I'll send it to you.

Hilary said...

In our gratitude box my kids were grateful for all of the usual things at first, and then we started getting papers that said, "I'm grateful for the word boogie." Britton laughed for 5 minutes straight. Apparently he's grateful for all words that make him laugh.

Mandi said...

I LOVE this idea! I'm totally stealing it for next year ... or maybe this year. Thanksgiving is still a couple days away!

Heidi said...

Yeah, I'm famous! I love the turkey, it looks so cute!