Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Communist Bakery Aprons

I finally finished this little project I started in October (of 2008). I wanted to make the kids some heavy duty aprons to use when they were helping with dinner or making treats. I went in search of some white canvas on the dollar-a-yard table at Wal-Mart. I found exactly the type of fabric I wanted, but it was grey. I decided to go with cheap and durable over pricey and cute. We ended up with a family set of what I affectionately refer to as communist bakery aprons. Drab grey just screams 1968 Czechoslovakia to me.


The picture isn’t totally staged . . . Ben and Elise really were helping me make cookies . . . I just made the other three throw their aprons on too.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I don't think the communists would have cute names on the front, so you're good.

Heidi said...

You crack me up that you call them that. I LOVE the names!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

you are seriously so cool! Love the aprons. I hope your kids never tell my kids all the things their mom does. mine would think they got jipped!