Yesterday, after Nate got home from work, we took the kids to Fat Cats. We had lunch at the Pizza Factory (another great deal thanks to Ben’s reading gift certificates and the Happenings book) and then headed over for a round of free bowling (more reading rewards, birthday passes and some left over gift certificates). It was loads of fun. Nate schooled us. Apparently his finger has healed up since our last bowling adventure. After bowling, we let the kids play at the arcade. We never (and I mean NEVER) spend money on things like arcade games, but we had some free tokens and we let the kids each spend a couple of dollars of their own money to get some more. Elise hit the jackpot and got 500 tickets on some Wheel of Fortune game. It took a few minutes for the machine to kick out all 500 tickets. The more tickets that came out, the more ecstatic she got. It was hysterical. She was nice and said that everyone could have a fourth of her tickets to spend at the prize counter. Four kids + 623 tickets + lots of cheap plastic toys = one huge time warp. It took for-e-ver for them to pick out their prizes. They thought it was the greatest thing ever, but I think we are moving back to our policy of skipping the arcade action.
2 comments:
I HATE when the kids turn in tickets for prizes. We've splurged on arcades a handful of times...always a blast for the kids and a headache for us!
What a fun day! I know I've told you, but I love Emily's hair!
Post a Comment