Emily went first and got up right away. She figured out how to turn a little and didn’t even tip over/let go of the rope when we hit a pretty good-sized bump. She was so pleased with herself that she was beaming.


Elise was next up. As soon as Nate started to go, I could tell she was saying “stop”, but I told him to keep going. It might make me a bad mom, but I knew she could do it and I didn’t want her to quit after four and a half seconds. She must not have realized that she could just let go of the board, so she pulled herself up. She did great and liked it until we stopped and the board flipped over and dumped her into the water.


Abby was brave too and decided to give the tube another chance. Nate made sure that we had a nice smooth ride and she loved it. Phew.


Our next task is to help Ben work up the courage to try skiing. We might have to use the girls’ examples as leverage to get him to try . . . no boy wants to be outdone by his little sisters. :)
3 comments:
I love the girls facial expressions. Emily will have to teach me someday;) I promise not to whine.
That is so impressive that your girls could already do that, I am absolutely impressed! You look like you are definitely getting some worthwhile family time with the boat. That is awesome.
I can't believe they have the arm strength to pull themselves up, I'm also impressed!
One of the first things Ben said to me last night was how they haven't been to the pool at all this summer, and then he followed it with well we have been boating 3 times. But he still acted like they've been jipped, which cracked me up. :)
Post a Comment