Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meteorologists

The name sounds so scientific. It tricks you into thinking that they know what they are talking about. I’m starting to think that they just take a shot in the dark every day and hope that no one notices when they get it wrong.

We had a K-1 boating party yesterday. I double checked the weather forecast at 8:30 in the morning just to be safe. This is what it looked like:


We figured it would be hot and sunny. At worst we would have to sit out a short-lived thunderstorm.

In the real world, it was overcast, windy, and the high was closer to 73 degrees.

We did manage to have some fun before the winds really picked up and the clouds were completely blocking out any hope of sunshine. The weather certainly wasn’t ideal, but it was still great to see everyone. Austin and Kaylynn are moving to Canada in two weeks, so I’m glad we got a chance to hang out before they go. We promised the locals that we’ll have a make-up day sometime in July. Hopefully we’ll have better luck with Mother Nature.
















9 comments:

Heidi said...

So did you love the boat? I love that you have a blanket at the beach. :)

Parry Family said...

I have had it with the weather man. Glad to see you still managed to have fun. You guys look like you are freezing on the beach (love the blanket and jackets).

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

looks like a party! wish we could have played too! I have a feeling we are going to freeze at the oregon coast in 2 weeks...we will be hanging out on the beach in blankets too!

Hilary said...

My goal for next time is to actually get on the boat. Oooh, the anticipation!

Malinda said...

Hil, you crack me up! I guarantee it will be more fun when you actually get on the boat and don’t have dress in layers to stay warm.

Keri, we missed you! It was very reminiscent of snorkeling on the Hilo side of your island, so we thought about you even though you weren’t there. Is your whole family coming to mainland? I love the Oregon coast, but the climate is certainly going to be a shock to your systems.

Kaylynn said...

Thanks again for the fun time. Cool pictures!

Heather said...

I'm glad you all managed to have a great time...even though I wasn't there:)

Malinda said...

Heather, you'll have to come to our July party . . . if you're going to be down this way.

Katie Jason said...

That looks like so much fun, even if it was cold!
Wish I could have come too :-)