Nate and I celebrated our eleventh anniversary this last weekend. We were glad that June 12th wasn’t 65 degrees and rainy eleven years ago like it was this year. I felt bad for all of the couples who had planned outdoor receptions and then had to move to the nearest cultural hall.
We decided to check out the local comedy club for our anniversary date. Luckily the comic on the schedule this weekend turned out to be of the non-f-bomb variety. He was very funny. We laughed until it hurt. The drunk lady sitting in front of us added a bit to the level of entertainment. It was a good fun time.

It helped that we were primed to laugh after seeing a 55-year-old bald transvestite at Fashion Bug. He was dressed like a woman from head to toe . . . open-toed high-heeled sandals, bright red toenails, woman’s jeans, a pink shirt, fake nails, long curly hair, and make-up. He maybe could have pulled it off if it wasn’t for the male pattern baldness and baritone voice. I know it is politically incorrect to mock such things, but it was just so darn unexpected that it struck me as funny. I guess he is a regular at the store because all the ladies working there seemed to know him. I just kept waiting for the candid camera guy to jump out from behind one of the clothing racks.
We were bugged that we couldn’t snap a candid picture of our own. Nate’s cell phone didn’t survive last week’s dip in Willard Bay, so we were back to using our camera-less, circa 2003, Nokia phones. We wanted to prevent missing any other golden photo opportunities, so Saturday we spent some time at T-Mobile upgrading our phones. When Nate pulled out a matching pair of old-school Nokias, it was our turn to be mocked. Our salesman actually laughed out loud when he saw them. We were quite a hit with the whole sales staff (and our fellow customers) . . . “Did you see their phones!?!?!” Apparently seven human years are equivalent to 93 cell phone years.
8 comments:
Thanks for a fun anniversary, babe!
We're exactly two months and two days behind you! And what a classic movie. Happy...etc anniversary!
Yeah I'm cool! :)
That sounds like a great date! I'm so glad Nate married you! Glad you had a great day and joined the year 2010.:)
First off, I guess I am not cool, but that's ok. Secondly, I am so glad that you had fun at the comedy club and that you got a clean one, we had such a great time when we went. And lastly, I know exactly what transvestite you are talking about because one day I had to feed Pax real quick in the car in the parking lot, and out he/she ( i don't know which you are supposed to say) comes and heads into fashion bug. wow, I just couldn't help but stare, what a crazy world we live in these days. That is hilarious though.
'So I Married an Axe Murderer' is a great movie! Happy Anniversary!
Crystal, you are cool . . . you're just young. I saw that movie in college, so you were probably nine years old. :)
I'm cool because I got the title even though I've never seen the movie. My family (my Dad mostly) still sings that song so that's how I know it. That might just make me weird! Anyway, I'm impressed that you still had your old cell phones AND they still worked!
I'm not cool :-( I never saw that movie.
I was so laughing at your phone. Mostly because my phone is very similar . . . I got it in 2005. We are holding out. I covet an iPhone
Post a Comment