Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp

We spent the day at Camp Kiesel on Thursday. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it was lots of fun! We missed day camp last year because we were in California, so this was Ben’s first chance to go. He was super excited about going and it completely lived up to his expectations. He especially loved the BB guns and archery. They were, in Ben's words, "better than Disneyland." I loved that Nate got to come along. He was just called to serve as the Cub Committee Chairman and is also my unofficial Assistant Bear Den Leader, so the two of us took our four Bears up to camp. The boys were SO GOOD! They did just what they were supposed to and made our job easy. Ben had a great time. I told him that if he wanted to write about it in his journal, I would put it in the blog. Here’s his journal entry:

Sunday, June 20, 2010
Last Thursday I went to Day Camp. Our first activity was the Trading Post there I bought a Multicolored pen, and a pocket knife. Next was an obstacle course. I liked the laser field most. After that was BB guns I hit a target four times. Then it was archery. I hit the target 2 times 2 others went over the target. After that it was leave no trace they told us to put your trash in the trash. Everybody had lunch. Then we went to arts & crafts I made a bear necklace there. After that we learned info. about plants & animals. Then we went on a nature walk we learned if you touch stinging nettle you can rub it off with Lamb’s Ear. Finally we went to the canoe Lake we got paddles. We were the first ones there at the end we had a water ball fight. We had the flag ceremony and an end skit. IT WAS AWESOME!










The girls spent the day with Claudy and Maddie while we were gone. They went to McDonalds and to the park for our ward playgroup and to the Treehouse Museum. I was glad I could leave them in such good hands. They had tons of fun. (Thanks Claudy!)

3 comments:

Claudy said...

Ben,
I loved reading your journal entry on this post, you'll have to do it more often. Very nice! I'm glad to hear you had a great time.
Grownups,
Thanks for taking Korbin. He had fun!
Maddie had a great time with the girls as well. Thanks for trusting us with them:)

Heidi said...

I love Ben's journal entry! You sound like you have been one busy lady this summer!

Katie Jason said...

Looks like a blast. I loved his journal entry!
P.S. . . . is your hair highlighted, it looks fab!