Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

The kids started school this week. We met their teachers at Back to School Night on Tuesday, and I feel like we totally lucked out. I love them. The kids love them. I couldn’t be happier. Wednesday was the first day of school for Ben and Emily. Elise was very sad that she didn’t get to go too. (Ben offered to trade places with her 97 times.) I let her pout for about three minutes and then told her she was just going to have to suck it up. My sanity wasn’t up to the challenge of a whole week of five-year-old self-pity. We walked over at the end of the day to walk home with the kids. There was actually a limo there to pick up one girl. Who does that?!?!?






Thursday night the school had a swimming party at North Shore. It was their reading incentive party that got cancelled last spring because of the weather. We had a great time hanging out with friends at the pool. Emily jumped off the high dive for the first time. She is getting so brave! Ben did a flip off the high dive. It looked great until he over-rotated a bit and did a painful belly flop into the water. I don’t think he will be trying that again anytime soon. Elise played with all of her friends and Abby got to have the full attention of her mom and dad. It was a fun night.






1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love Emily's hair in the first picture, so cute! That flip of Ben's definitely looks impressive!