Monday, August 16, 2010

Ben the Bear

Ben got his Bear badge and his religious knot last week at pack meeting. He is funny because he’ll go months without doing much of anything for scouts and then all of a sudden he will catch the scouting spirit and start kicking out requirements one right after the other. I’m just glad that he has the ability to self-motivate (even if it comes in spurts).


I decided that my least favorite part of scouts (besides wearing my ultra-flattering scout shirt) is sewing on patches. When I put Ben’s Bear badge on his shirt, I realized that all of his arrow points were too high and there wasn’t room for his Webelos badge. By the time I was done unpicking and then re-sewing those (twice . . . I’m a bit of a perfectionist), my fingers were pretty sore. Ben was thoughtful and said “maybe you could take it to someone who is really good at sewing and ask them to do it.” Thanks Ben.

3 comments:

Claudy said...

Just have Ben do the sewing. You'll thank me later:).

Hilary said...

Oh Malin, you need the "Badge Magic" they sell at the scout shop. It is instant badge adhesive and all you have to do is cut out a piece to the size of your badge, put it on the back of it and stick it on the shirt. Wah-lah! It takes me 30 seconds or less to put on Britton's new badges. Love it.
www.badgemagic.com

Heidi said...

I can't believe he said that, but really I can totally see him saying it. I'm going to have to look in to that badge magic for when I have 3 little boys and their badges to deal with.