Emily is a little artist and of course wanted to have an art party. It seemed easy enough. I figured I would just find a fun art party plan online and copy it. No such luck. There wasn’t much out there, so we had to come up with our own ideas. We found some cute little projects for the girls to do and turned the playroom into a little art studio. They painted birdhouses, made a couple of sand art projects, played Win, Lose, or Draw, decorated sugar cookie suckers, and made ID bracelets. There were a couple of glitches that caused me to hyperventilate a bit, but things mostly went according to plan and the girls all seemed to have a good time. Emily loved it! Next week (after we get through a baptism and three birthdays in this house), I think I will write up a little party plan post like I did for Ben’s party. Hopefully it will help out some other mom with an artsy eight year old. Plus, the piƱata turned out pretty darn cute and I want to show it off. :)
Ben went on a special date with Aunt Holly during the party. They both had a great time. Ben talked her ear off and she bought him a Slurpee and treats. They went to Smith and Edwards and she gave him a whole dollar to spend in the candy aisle. Someone had put some giant suckers in the 8/$1.00 bin and Ben was so excited that Holly didn’t have the heart to tell him that they weren’t really supposed to be there. Getting that sucker (AKA, light saber) was pretty much the highlight of his week.
2 comments:
I love her party!! SUch cute ideas. I love the cake too!! I enjoy Smith and Edward's candy isle, too! :)
I'm excited to see more of what you did for her party. From what I could see of the pinata it looks way cute!
Post a Comment