I am up so early today because Emily came in at 4:49 to tell us she had just thrown up. I was exceedingly grateful that Nate was still home and equally grateful that we own a carpet cleaner! As much as I love my kids and want to take care of them when they are sick, I do not have a strong stomach when it comes to the sight and smells of puke . . . especially when I am just waking up. I always feel blessed when Nate is home to handle the initial cleanup. Today was supposed to be Emily’s “Star Student” day at school, so she is a little bummed about missing it. Hopefully it will be a short lived illness.
Yesterday, Elise and Abby had check-ups with their pediatrician (unless you ask Elise – she insists that she went to the dentist). They are both healthy and well. Abby is still skirting the bottom of the charts on height and weight. She hasn’t cleared the 20 pound mark yet, and the doctor predicted that unless she has a growth spurt, she will probably top out at about 5’1”. I guess the red hair isn’t the only thing she got from Grandma Reatha.
There are lots of other random things that are keeping life busy and exciting this week. Elise starts preschool today (I’m crossing my fingers that she won’t catch Emily’s sickness). Ben has his first soccer practice tonight. His coach this year was his first grade teacher. He is super excited about that. Tomorrow is his second piano lesson since our summer hiatus. He complained about starting again, but he came home from school yesterday and headed straight to the piano to play through his songs. Then, last night when he was practicing with Nate, he didn’t want to stop . . . “It is just so fun to play the piano.” I’m not planning on that lasting too long, but we’ll take it while it lasts.
The rest of the week is filled with laundry, errands, yard work, cleaning, helping with homework, and all the other little tasks that fall to the mom of four young kids. I’m trying hard to enjoy the ride and not delude myself into thinking that life will settle down next week.
2 comments:
Poor Emily! I hope she gets better soon. I was actually going to call you this morning and ask if I could bring my kids over for a few days.:) They were driving me a little crazy at the doctor. I hope your week gets a little less crazy for your sake as well.
I was just thinking today how I miss the little toddler stage already! I guess we just have to enjoy each phase while we're in it.
Post a Comment