Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Elise's First Day of School

This makes three weeks in a row that we have had a first day of school in this house. Elise started preschool today. This year we are doing a little neighborhood preschool. There are six little girls in her class and each mom takes a turn being the teacher for a week. They are all cute girls and have fun, talented, capable moms. I think it is going to be a great experience for her and for me.

Today they talked about birthdays and she came home with all kinds of spoils in her backpack. She got to wrap a present all by herself. She was so proud of it and excited to open it. So far, preschool is a hit. She told me all about it. Her favorite part was playing outside . . . “they have a trampoline AND a swing set!” (So do we, but apparently ours is not as cool as theirs.)

2 comments:

Dale Clarke said...

That reminds me of when we did preschool with Emily and Braden. Braden loved going over to your house! Are you using the same book we used? I love doing preschool, but I'm glad I have a break for a few years!

Heidi said...

She looks so darling! That sounds like so much fun and a lot of work!