Emily started kindergarten today. She has been very ready for a very long time and was really excited for the day to finally get here. I offered to drive her down to the school, but she wanted to ride the bus. It was fun to see my little girl climbing right up those steps with no hesitation and no looking back. She sure has grown up! I was glad that Ben was there to ride home with her (whether she needed it or not). She loved the first day. Her favorite thing was “when the gingerbread man ran away.” Kindergarten is great!

Emily ready for school. Okay, so I picked a bad spot and she has major shadow issues on her face, but she is still a cutie. Someday I will be a good photographer.

Waiting for the bus with the other kids from our neighborhood

Her first time on the school bus. She has been looking forward to it for years.

Getting home

It is kind of crazy to have two kids in school. Elise fell asleep watching a movie while Abby was taking her nap. It was the quietest hour the house has seen in a really long time.
4 comments:
I can't believe she's that big! She looks so cute and grown-up. What are you going to do with all of that free time? Did Elise have a hard time?
Free time??? Yesterday, I wrote the talk that I had to give at enrichment last night. Today, I'm baking a cake, wrapping presents, and doing laundry . . . along with 17 other random tasks. I'm not planning on really having free time for another 16.5 years. :)
I think Elise will be okay, but she did tell me yesterday that "Abby doesn't want to take a nap. She just wants to play with me." I think she was feeling a little lonely without Emily around.
just popping over from Keri's page-have to tell you that your kids are too cute!!
Our school doesn't do the Gingerbread man hunt, so Braden didn't get to do that like Jessica and Shalice did. He also doesn't get to ride the bus, but oh well, Kindergarten is still great! You're kids are cute.
Post a Comment