Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

If I had to use one word to characterize this birthday, it would be FOOD. Nate told me, as he was serving up breakfast, that “calories don’t count on your birthday.” I sure hope that he was right, because we had lots of fabulous (and fattening) food all day. It was a fairly low key day. We went to lunch at Sizzler and then mostly just hung out around the house. We played some more ping pong, watched a movie, tried out “Dance Dance Revolution”, hung some blinds, and ate. It was great to have Nate home all day and to have nothing to do. That is what I consider a perfect day. Mother Nature even cooperated and served up some more stormy weather in the morning. I loved that!


This is my reaction to getting blinds for the playroom. I must be getting old if I get this excited over gifts from a home improvement store.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Malin! Sounds like a super day. I'm getting blinds for my birthday this year, too, and I'm absolutely thrilled. Yes, we are getting old, but isn't it g-r-e-a-t great?!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Happy Birthday Mal-dog. Glad you had a super day! It looks like Elise's new hairstyle stayed in well. We'll have to try it sometime...super cute!

Heidi said...

Happy birthday!!!! I'm glad your day turned out great! I see that you went out for lunch instead of dinner, were you that worried that your kids wouldn't be good all day?:)