Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soccer, Celebrity Paparazzi, Football, and Watermelon

Today was Ben’s first soccer game since his team had a bye last week. Like Emily, he is showing great improvement over last year. His team is working on the whole concept of playing positions. He seems to be getting the hang of it. It is fun to see him progressing.




The most exciting thing at Emily’s game was seeing “Uncle Oscar.” Nate and I have been watching Arrested Development on DVD and both of us cracked up when we saw Oscar Bluth’s look alike watching the game next to us.




I took the three oldest kids to watch Jacob’s football game. Nate stayed home with Abby so she could get a nap. The kids mostly just played in the long jump sandpit with their cousins, but I had fun watching the game. Jacob is a little all-star. He scored the first touchdown of the game and had several great tackles. Sitting through the 3rd sporting event of the day made me kind of hope that my kids aren’t really into sports. If they take after me and Nate, multiple athletic events in a weekend should not be a long term problem.




The other excitement of the day was when Nate cut into the free watermelon that he got yesterday. There was a quality Harry Potter lightning scar right in the middle of the melon. In Nate’s words “it’s not as cool as finding Jesus in your toast,” but it was cool enough that we took a picture.


3 comments:

Claudy said...

I'm upset I didn't get your joke at the park about Uncle Oscar but Jason did and totally agreed with you. LOL! I'll have to watch at least one episode to figure it out for myself. Have a great week guys!

Heidi said...

What is the blurred circle on that picture? That would be fun to see your kids getting the grasp of sports and improving! Someday we really are going to try to come to a game. I love the Harry Potter lightning scar!

EmWJ said...

That's hilarious about Uncle Oscar. If you need to borrow any of the AD, let us know!

Also, if you haven't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long Blog on hulu.com, you should love it if you like AD.