I waited through a few contractions and then called my mom to come and stay with the kids. She and Holly set out and Nate and I timed contractions. By the time they got here, the contractions were lots less painful but still coming every 4 or 5 minutes. I figured since I had already woken up the whole family, I might as well go to the hospital. I was relieved when they confirmed that I really was in labor. I was even more relieved when it stopped. My contractions came regularly for a few hours, but things weren’t really progressing. Basically, Nate and I paid 500 bucks to watch a movie and play scrabble on his phone in the hospital’s triage room.

I felt like a bit of an idiot getting sent home from the hospital. You would think that with my fourth baby I would be more of an expert about the whole labor thing. Since I was only 35 weeks along, I earned myself a week of bed rest. It was kind of pseudo bed rest since I had three kids to take care of and Nate couldn’t take off work. I managed to be lazy enough and the kids survived with lots of movie watching and no-prep food. We were happy that Abby stayed put until she was good and ready. Three weeks later when nothing had changed, we began to wonder if she was ever going to come.
5 comments:
I did the same thing with Scott, going in a few weeks early, being sent home after a night and chiding myself for "hey, it's your fourth, you should know better." Oh well, it ended well.
My VT Erica who just had her baby in the car was 35 weeks and 0 days. Crazy. I routinely had my kids at 41 weeks so I have no concept of going early.
I didn't know your mom had one of her kids in the car, that would have been quite the story! Kids just love to keep life exciting.
You left a comment on my blog iloveagooddeal.blogspot.com
Thanks for the comment!! It is nice to hear and it makes me want to keeo the blog up and running!
Thanks again,
Chelsi
I think it's tricky to determine when 'real labor' starts and I'm on #6! I'm certainly not one to go early...
Post a Comment