Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ski Trip and Girls' Night

Nate took Ben skiing yesterday after school. This was only Ben’s second time skiing, but Nate figured that he would pick up where he left off last year and just make progress. No such luck. They pretty much started from ground zero. It took half the night to get to the point where it was actually fun, but by the end of the night Ben was doing great. I guess we’ll have to be more frequent skiers if we want to avoid spending half of the time in teaching mode.




The girls and I had a fun night. We picked up takeout from Maple Express and stopped at redbox on the way home to get Tinker Bell. After our yummy Chinese dinner, we got in our PJs and watched the movie. Emily and Elise both gave running commentary throughout. Emily mostly just said how beautiful everything was, but Elise was actually talking to the characters “What are you thinking Tinker Bell?!? I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” She was cracking me up. Abby has just started to really watch movies with us. She is funny too. Whenever there is some tension on screen (as much as can be expected from a G-rated Disney movie), she’ll turn to me with wide eyes and an “oh no” expression and kind of hyperventilate. She’s a drama queen in the making.

4 comments:

EmWJ said...

Oh great. I've been wanting to take Marri skiing this year, hoping that we'll be able to start we ended last year. Sounds like it might not be the case. Sigh.

And my girls loved Tinkerbell too!

Amy said...

We haven't seen Tinkerbell either, we'll have to get it for a girls night out. I think our youngest is going to be our drama queen too, but we'll have to wait a year or so to be sure.

I have only been skiing 2 times in my entire life (and probably won't go three) and I'm pretty sure I didn't do much better than Ben. Good job for teaching him early in life!

Heidi said...

Those were impressive skills Ben had. I'm glad we picked up our boys so you could have a fun girls night out. Imagining Abby's expression cracked me up.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Ben is a better skier than I am!! That is awesome. Our kids have never been skiing and I doubt they will have any opportunities anytime soon. That is great than Ben is doing so awesome at it!