Retro Post - Locks of Love
Saturday, March 3, 2007 – Emily had 11 inches of hair cut off to donate to Locks of Love. It was a drastic change to go from long hair to super short hair, but she was cute both ways. Okay, so I still cringe a little when I see how short it was right after the haircut. It grew on me. To Emily, it was no big deal. She felt good about doing something nice for someone else and didn’t seem at all put out by it. She’s already planning on doing it again. I think we might make it an “every three years” tradition.
6 comments:
That's such a neat thing to teach her at such a young age. We always think she's cute as well!
Madison wants to grow her hair out. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Is it hard to keep long hair looking nice and neat?
Long hair actually has some advantages. It is super fast and easy to do braids or ponytails with long hair. Lots of days it would take longer to do Emily's hair when it was short because I had to style it just right. The best secret for long hair is to use a good conditioner so they don't scream when you are brushing through the tangles.
I wish my hair would grow that fast in only 3 years! And even then it wouldn't be as thick and pretty as Emily's!
Amy, is that you using Dale's google account, or was that really Dale? I must say that the comment would be pretty hilarious coming from him. :)
Thanks for the advice. Also, another thank you for your help today! Two parents can be more intimidating than one.
Post a Comment