
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Angel Moroni
They put the Angel Moroni on top of the Brigham City Temple on Tuesday. I thought it would be neat to take the kids up to see it. They were supposed to start at noon. We got up there about an hour early and found a good spot on the lawn at the Tabernacle. We sat through the rain for an hour and then waited another hour for them to get started. Around 1:00, lots of people started leaving and a bunch of people around us were on their cell phones talking to people who were “in the know” that said it wouldn’t really be until 3:00 or 4:00. I didn’t want to just waste that time, so I decided to leave our chairs there and take the kids to Walmart to pick up a few things and stop at Wendy’s to get lunch. As we came out of Walmart, I told the kids to look and see if anything was happening and they all said “It’s already up!” Fabulous. In the half hour we were gone, they had lifted the angel off the ground and moved it to the spire. Oops. We made our way back to the tabernacle and hung out for another half hour or so while they lowered it into place. It was still cool, but I felt bad that we had missed the best part. Maybe we’ll do it all over again when the Ogden Temple is done.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't even know they were doing that. That would have been cool to see.
Post a Comment