I was feeling the need to get out of the house on Wednesday, so I took the kids on a little fieldtrip to Tracy Aviary. We had a great time together. Here are the highlights:
• Watching the peacocks while we ate lunch. We were debating if they could fly when one of them hopped/flew off of the roof of a building. The kids thought it was so cool.
• The baby birds in a nest right next to the bathrooms. The momma bird kept flying in and bringing them food.
• The bird show. The lady that told us about the birds had a really cool Australian accent. The kids pressured me into being an adult volunteer. I got to pretend my arms were tree branches for a red-billed toucan to hop along.
• Feeding the pelicans. It was so worth the extra ten bucks to throw fish into the pelicans’ mouths. All of the kids said this was their favorite part of the aviary.
• Finding a turtle swimming in the pond.
• Feeding the rest of the water birds (ducks, swans, ibises, etc.). There were lots of cute ducklings and one baby swan.

We stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way home so the kids could get free donuts with their report cards. It was quite possibly the best part of the trip. The kids were completely fascinated by the whole donut-making process. I think they could have stood there and watched for hours if I would have let them.
4 comments:
I've never been, but it looks so much fun! I love the pictures of the kids with the bird wings.
And my kids could watch the KK donuts all day long.
A donut sounds really good right now. I would have loved to see you pretending to be a tree.
So that's why you guys had donuts so late the other night. Thanks for sharing...we share our cookies with you.:)
I've wondered if they have very much to do there, but it sounds like you guys had fun. And who doesn't love Krispy Kreme!
Post a Comment