Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lagoon: It's What Fun Is!

Holly’s friend hooked her up with a killer deal on Lagoon passes. She was generous and shared with us. Even better, her family went the same day so we got to hang out with them while we were there. We did a few things all together and did a lot of divide and conquer so everyone could hit the rides that they wanted to. It worked out great. This was the first time we have been to Lagoon in three years and Abby’s first time ever, so we didn’t really know what to expect from the kids. We found out that they all take after their dad. There was no ride too wild or crazy for them to try. They each went on every ride that they were tall enough for and loved almost all of them.

Here are a few of my favorite memories from the day:

• Riding any ride with Abby. She would squeal and laugh the whole time and as soon as the ride stopped she would say, “I want to go again!” Her favorite rides were Bombora and Odysea.

• Getting soaked on Cliffhanger with Nate, Ben, Emily, Nathan and Rachel

• Listening to Elise and Abby recount their adventures when they were with Aunt Holly (the most exciting was Elise being in charge of the whistle on their train ride)

• Going on the “big rides” with our three oldest kids (my favorites: The Rocket with Emily and Ben and Wicked with Elise)

• The looks on the kids’ faces as they came out of Terroride (most notably the terrified looks from Rachel and Bryton and the three boys coming out laughing hysterically)












Last week was the 125th birthday of Lagoon. Nate distinctly remembers going during the 100th anniversary year when Centennial Screamer and Turn of the Century were the cool new rides. He was 13. We are old!

3 comments:

EmWJ said...

I can't believe your kids will go on The Rocket! I tried and tried to get Marri to go, but nope. And I'm glad Rattlesnake Rapids was open for you. Scott also loves Odyssea, I hate the line.

Heather said...

You got some awesome pictures! Good job!

Heidi said...

That sounds like a blast. I wish someone would hook us up with cheap tickets!