Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pioneer Day

We celebrated Pioneer Day on Saturday with a BBQ and fireworks at Holly and Shane’s. I love potluck BBQs. The food is always so yummy (and I always eat way too much). They had a waterslide and a slip ‘n slide set up, so the kids spent a lot of time playing in the water. Ben played basketball with the boys. Nathan was on his team and was a very nice (and patient) cousin. The girls all got in line for their turn to get glitter toes done by Taylor. Shane and Jamece put on a fancy firework show at the end of the night. It was worth staying out late for (although I questioned that when I was dragging the kids out of bed at 8:00 in the morning to get ready for church).

We forgot our camera, so I stole a few of Holly’s pictures:




We had a few boxes of sparklers left over, so we used those for our family home evening activity on Monday. It was pretty much a repeat of the fourth with sparklers becoming wands and the kids shouting Harry Potter spells at each other. I sure love those silly kids.











3 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I am so glad you are not drunk:) Sparklers and family parties rock.

Heidi said...

Our kids have loved sparklers this year, but instead of casting spells on each other they burn bugs.

Do you think Taylor would give me glitter toes? :)

Hilary said...

You forgot your camera?? *gasp*