The real day for Webelos camp was Thursday. Tosha couldn’t go again, so I volunteered to go with Claudy. Only three boys ended up going the second day and they were so well-behaved. They got along great together, paid attention, and did exactly what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it. They were awesome! It was so easy that it was actually fun. I’m glad I got to go with them. Ben’s favorite parts were the geology class (the girl that taught it really knew her stuff), shooting bb guns (even though he’s pretty sure his gun was defective), archery (he got 2 bullseyes!), and the canoes. He, Korbin, and Conner each bought a coonskin cap. The three of them looked pretty cool walking around together with those matching hats.

The girls got two fun days out of the deal. Maddie spent the day with us on Tuesday. They played outside, built forts in their bedroom, made bracelets, had a picnic, and watched a movie. They were so good and had lots of fun together. I love it when babysitting someone else’s kid makes being a mom to my own kids easier. They totally kept each other entertained.

My mom came to stay on Wednesday night so she could watch the girls while I went to camp with Ben. She brought Rachel and Bryton with her. My girls were super excited about having a slumber party with their cousins and loved every minute of it. After listening to all of the squealing and giggling on Wednesday night, I was pretty glad that I was leaving my mom here with six girls (Maddie came again) on Thursday. The boys were lots less spastic and loud.
3 comments:
That almost makes me excited for my boys to get older.
I love Abby's cheeser in that last picture.
What an adventure!
Thanks again for joining the gang on round 2. Madison was in heaven hanging out with the girls.
I just got called to be the webelos person, and I have no idea what I am doing, but I got excited reading your post. I would love to do that stuff with the boys!
Post a Comment