We are on a good trend at this house as far as Mother’s Day
is concerned. I’ve gotten lots better at
going in with low expectations and the kids have gotten lots better at being
super good on that one Sunday out of the year.
It’s a winning combination. (Nate
has been great all along.)
Here’s the recap of Mother’s Day 2012:
My mom came on Saturday afternoon to watch the kids and stay
the night. Nate took the kids to visit
his mom while my mom and I went out for Chinese food. Then Nate and I went on a date while Grandma
Reatha babysat. She cooked up the fish
that Abby caught at the fish farm and made everyone try it. Ben was the only one who really liked
it. Then she read 100 Dresses to the kids before they started their typical movie
night.
Sunday morning started with Nate making yummy crepes for me
and my mom. They were well worth missing
a few points on my super in six score.
So was the bacon.
Church was good. It
was fun to have all four kids sing the Mother’s Day songs in sacrament meeting
(even if Abby was kind of hidden behind some taller kids). It was Ben’s last chance to sing with the
Primary on Mother’s Day. I’m a little
sad about that; Ben is not at all sad about it.
Nate made quesadillas and the best smoothie ever for lunch
and then I opened all of my fun presents.
I feel like I got spoiled this year.
Each of the kids gave me their presents from school and Nate gave me all
of the things I’ve bought in the last couple of months and put away for
Mother’s Day . . . a camelbak backpack, a lasagna pan, a wireless mouse, new
gardening gloves, a gratitude journal, and some sugar-free candy. After presents, I took a little afternoon
nap. Then Jody and Sarah came. We hung out and Jody and I played a few hands
of SET with Emily and Elise so Emily would be ready for her Math and Science
Olympiad competition today. Nate made cream
cheese chicken with salad and French bread for dinner. So good!
We took a little family walk through the neighborhood and
finished off the day by watching the slideshow that Nate made for me a couple
of years ago for Mother’s Day and some home videos from when Ben was a baby.
All in all, it was a fabulous day. I’m sure grateful for these four little
people who call me Mom and for the things they teach me every day.
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a great day! You deserve it and I'm grateful I have you to learn from.
It sounds like you should have high expectations because they are fulfilled. What a great day.
Post a Comment