Never-Ending Laundry
This is what laundry day looks like at our house. And this is just the kids’ stuff; it doesn’t show the sheets or towels or mine and Nate’s clothes. I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t let it pile up. I’m just hoping to go 7-10 days without hearing “I can’t find any clean socks” or “I don’t have any short sleeve shirts in my closet.” I’m thinking this summer I will let the kids hang out in their pajamas all day or wear the same clothes for three days in a row. Or maybe I will just teach them how to do the laundry.
4 comments:
Looking at this pile makes me shudder because lately I have been feeling like I am doing a lot of laundry and I know it is just going to get so much worse with a newborn. There is always a pile of laundry waiting to be folded in my room. Ugh, where is our magic wands when we need them?
I let our laundry pile up as well. Most of time I would rather do a bunch of loads in one or two days then a load every day.
Do your kids fold or put away their own laundry? I hate laundry so I'm already wanting to start getting them to do some more of it.
The kids help me fold if they are home. Usually I do it while they are at school and just make piles for them on the couch or the bed in the guestroom. They put it away when they get home from school.
Yeah, Britton and Jenna have started doing their own laundry and I can definitely tell the difference. I remember my mom made me start doing my own laundry in the 4th grade so I decided to use that as a benchmark for my kids. It might be mean but I like it. :-)
Post a Comment