Thursday, May 3, 2012

Roller Coaster Kid

The other night at dinner, Ben said, “There is something that they talked about at the maturation program that is happening to me.” I was a little afraid of where that conversation was headed, but I was brave and asked, “What’s that?” His answer was, “Mood swings.” (Phew!) Yep. We’ve noticed that too. I’m glad he is self-aware. I’ll be even more glad when he matures enough to control those mood swings a little better. He has been a bit of a roller coaster lately. I’m hoping that it is a short-lived phase and not just a preview of what we can expect for the next eight years.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Lol, that's hilarious! That would be a very scary conversation to continue. I can't believe he's old enough to be going through the maturation program!

Katie Jason said...

so funny! I feel like Megan has those all the time :)

Claudy said...

Ben's a funny kid!
BTW-I read Jody's blog last night. I chuckled a few times. She's got a sense of humor.

Kaylynn said...

I didn't know boys were roller coasters, too. He is a funny kid. Gotta love the maturation program:)

EmWJ said...

That's hilarious. What a set-up. Yes, just this week, Marri and I had a heart-to-heart about controlling her attitude. I said, "I know you are practical enough to see what you are doing is not only hurting you but those around you, and shutting off or storming off is just not useful." And she said, "I know, but when I'm in the middle of it, I just really don't feel like changing my attitude." So yeah, it's hard.

Nicholle said...

Sigh, Enoch has the same problem. Really didn't know that boys did that too. He knows he's being a little silly but can't help feeling that way. I guess I can understand--I got a little "crazy" when pregnant.