

Nate took the kids trick-or-treating around our neighborhood and I stayed home to pass out candy. When they got home, Ben and Emily wanted to go out for a while longer, so I went up the street with them. I was glad I got some one on one time with them. They were pretty funny. They just kept saying "This is the best Halloween ever" and "We've never gotten to go trick-or-treating this far before." Emily was the thank you police. Several times after people would close the door, I could hear her saying, “Ben, you forgot to say thank you again!” She was a trooper and kept reassuring me that she wasn’t tired at all. Our neighbors up the street invited us in for homemade donuts and apple juice. Ben thought that was the “awesomest” thing ever. The kids took in a haul of candy. They are planning on making it last until July. We’ll see how that goes.
The funniest part of the night for me was when I heard Ben having a little conversation with a neighbor that we have never met before. When he got to the sidewalk, I asked him what he was saying to her. He was telling her that her doorbell sounded a little like Sister Shelton’s (his piano teacher). I don’t think that boy ever has a thought that he doesn’t verbalize.
5 comments:
I love the pictures! I love Abby's cheese in the last pictures, we were sad we didn't get to see you guys today.
Ben cracks me up!
It's funny how easy it is to please kids, I remember when I was little my mom took us on an extra street that we didn't normally didn't go on and we thought it was the best Halloween ever! Is there an aunt tax on Halloween candy?
Holy Cow! You are too cool. I always knew you were cooler than me but WOW!! do you think matt and I dressed up?? Nope but after seeing your awesome pictures maybe we'll plan a family theme for next year. I don't know if I could get the kids to agree on anything though.
Um, I haven't dressed up since "The Howl" circa 1994. Are you sure we can still be friends?
your costumes were awesome!! jared and i loved seeing all of you at the ward party. i had to do a double-take on elise's hair, and it took me a minute to figure out what was different about her. abby is way to cute for her own good.
I LOVE the Nelsons as Star Wars characters! The kids are so adorable! You did a fantastic job with the costumes. You really should design Halloween costumes and sell them on E-bay!
Post a Comment