It was actually a bit of a challenge for me and Nate to spend $150 all at once. We shopped for a while and then had to head to the eye doctor. We had them hold our stuff so we could come back and shop some more. We splurged and got TWO Halloween shirts for each of the kids (one for next year), plus one for each of us. That brought us to $11 towards the $155 goal. Nate got two new button up shirts for work, two long sleeved tees, a new jacket (his office is cold and he has no body fat), two new hats for him and one for Ben, and a cool glow in the dark football. I got a quality brown hoodie jacket, two super comfy turtleneck sweaters, some jeans for Abby and another $1 Old Navy shirt for each of the kids. 27 items for $3.43. The receipt was cool. They split the discount over all of the items, so the most we paid for anything was 42 cents. There were lots of 2 cent and 9 cent items. Fun! They even took Nate’s picture as we were checking out. He’s almost famous now.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Old Navy, Old Navy
Normally, a shopping trip to Old Navy isn’t blog worthy, but this might just be an exception. Nate and I had to go to Riverdale on Saturday for an appointment with the eye doctor, so we decided to run into Old Navy and pick up some $1 Halloween t-shirts for the kids. They were having a special Halloween sale, so as we went in they handed us a trick-or-treat bag with a coupon to use on our purchase. I opened mine and it said “$5 off any purchase.” Sweet. I love discounts with no minimum to buy. I was pretty stoked about getting our kids’ Halloween shirts for free. Nate opened his. It said, “You’ve won your entire purchase (up to $150).” What?!?!? We read it three times trying to figure out what it really meant. Turns out we were the grand prize winners for the day. Yippee!
It was actually a bit of a challenge for me and Nate to spend $150 all at once. We shopped for a while and then had to head to the eye doctor. We had them hold our stuff so we could come back and shop some more. We splurged and got TWO Halloween shirts for each of the kids (one for next year), plus one for each of us. That brought us to $11 towards the $155 goal. Nate got two new button up shirts for work, two long sleeved tees, a new jacket (his office is cold and he has no body fat), two new hats for him and one for Ben, and a cool glow in the dark football. I got a quality brown hoodie jacket, two super comfy turtleneck sweaters, some jeans for Abby and another $1 Old Navy shirt for each of the kids. 27 items for $3.43. The receipt was cool. They split the discount over all of the items, so the most we paid for anything was 42 cents. There were lots of 2 cent and 9 cent items. Fun! They even took Nate’s picture as we were checking out. He’s almost famous now.
It was actually a bit of a challenge for me and Nate to spend $150 all at once. We shopped for a while and then had to head to the eye doctor. We had them hold our stuff so we could come back and shop some more. We splurged and got TWO Halloween shirts for each of the kids (one for next year), plus one for each of us. That brought us to $11 towards the $155 goal. Nate got two new button up shirts for work, two long sleeved tees, a new jacket (his office is cold and he has no body fat), two new hats for him and one for Ben, and a cool glow in the dark football. I got a quality brown hoodie jacket, two super comfy turtleneck sweaters, some jeans for Abby and another $1 Old Navy shirt for each of the kids. 27 items for $3.43. The receipt was cool. They split the discount over all of the items, so the most we paid for anything was 42 cents. There were lots of 2 cent and 9 cent items. Fun! They even took Nate’s picture as we were checking out. He’s almost famous now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wozers! I've been trying to win something. . .ANYTHING. . .for about 5 years now. Perhaps some day my luck will change.
I'm so jealous! I would have had a blast spending all of that money.
Wow! That's a lot of stuff. I loved the turtle neck sweater you we're wearing on Sun. I think I see it in your picture. Awesome! Completely Blog worthy.
LUCKY! :) Maybe I should shop at Old Navy more often....
Wow that is AWESOME!! Go Nate!
Definitely blog worthy! I was hoping you had a picture, that is so fun!
Post a Comment