Snowy Soccer Saturday
Winter arrived in our town just in time for the kids’ soccer games. It was FREEZING cold. We managed to avoid snow during their games, but it snowed before and after. The kids were so excited when it started to stick to the lawn. They played outside for a while and we had the first hot chocolate of the season. I’m hoping for six more weeks of fall, but I’ve decided it is time to bust out the electric blanket.
We had a fun day at home. Jody and Kevin stopped by to drop some things off and ended up staying for dinner and to watch last week’s Amazing Race since they had missed it. The kids had lots of fun showing off and telling them stories. When they left, Ben said “If they didn’t have dogs, they could stay here forever.” He was pretty mad that they had to go home and feed Shasta and Andre.
This is how Nate found the kids when he got out of bed on Saturday. Ben was sitting on the heater vent reading stories to his sisters. It was a sweet moment. (p.s. Our kids have drawers full of pajamas. I’m not sure why they choose to sleep in our ratty old t-shirts)
Ben has made some big improvements this year in soccer. He is starting to grasp the concept of playing positions and has become a little bit more aggressive (or at least attentive).
Emily, on the other hand, is back to her timid self when it comes to soccer. Nate mocks the number of pictures we have of her kicking off, but it is just about the only time that she is actually kicking the ball.
The snow looked so beautiful coming down in big, fat flakes. This picture doesn’t do it justice.
Three cuties.
It was a milestone day for Abby. We stepped up from the one spout hairdo to the two connected spouts. She loves to sit and get her hair done. Hopefully she still will when she actually has hair to do.
4 comments:
We got a few inches of snow today and our kids loved it too! They also wear our t-shirts for pjs - I think it's just easier for them to put on. And congrats Abby!
Isn't it WAY early for Snow? Emily looks so cute all bundled up to play. Abby is getting so big! I clicked on a few of your hair blogs at the side...can you say INSANE? I will have to get more creative with Olivia's (but probably not that creative)
Hey there Nate and family! I just might be the last person you might expect to hear from but I thought I would say hi. Glad to see you're alive and well, despite an early October snowstorm! You have a beautiful family ... Drop me a line sometime: cledwards@sunflower.com.
What a cold day to sit and watch games! Those kids of yours are so cute and I love Abby's hair. If you want before my boy's next haircut I can bring them over for you to do their hair since Abby's is growing so slow.
Post a Comment