Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Staying Here Forever

Matt and Jenny had their baby yesterday. He is a super cute, yet-to-be-named, baby boy. I’m glad that I never had a c-section, but they do result in perfectly round heads and un-squished faces. We had a good time visiting with Matt and Jenny and Heidi and Aaron and their boys. I loved holding a brand new baby again. It made me baby hungry for 3 minutes. When I got home I just kept smelling my hands because they smelled like a baby (it was probably just the hand sanitizer from the hospital, but it made my mind think “new baby”).


Baby Joseph/Henry/William


The proud parents


Zack and Austin LOVED the balloons in Jenny’s room. For the first 10 minutes they were there, they just stood there pointing and saying “balloon, balloon.” It was cute.


We left our kids at Holly’s house while Nate and I went to the hospital. They had loads of fun playing with their cousins. Maybe too much fun. When we picked them up they all (especially Ben) insisted “I’m not going home. I’m staying here forever!” It was already past their bedtime, so we pulled out the big guns and tempted them into the car with the promise of pie when we got home. We heard the whole way home that “their house is more fun than ours.” I’m glad they love their cousins. (Holly took some cute pictures of the kids that she said she would email me. If she ever really does, I will add them.)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That's funny you kept smelling your hands because as we left the hospital I told Aaron how the smell of my hands was making me sick. It was fun seeing you in addition to them last night!