We went camping with my family last week. We went tubing, rode bikes, played games, ate mostly good (sometimes burnt) food, and just had a great time! The kids loved playing with their cousins. I loved camping without a baby. This was our first camping trip in years where we didn’t have to take a playpen or stay up half the night with a crying baby. I fully appreciated the change. Camping is certainly one area where I don’t have any sadness about the kids growing up and not needing me so much. It is loads more fun now that they can do lots of things for themselves.
We woke up to a big rainstorm on Saturday morning. I think rain is my camping curse. It always seems to rain on the last day and we have to pack up a wet tent and wet chairs and wet EVERYTHING and take it home and dry it out. The rain put a bit of a damper on our trip, but it made for a memorable day.





















2 comments:
What fun camping memories! Maybe next year we can say the same about no babies. The tubing looks loads of fun and I love the pictures with the cousins, especially the one with the tongue sticking out while they are playing cards. Cute!
How fun! I was telling Aaron in June that we should go camping with you guys, apparently I wasn't very proactive about it. :) We should plan now for next year. By then I shouldn't have any newborns either!
It looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment