Today was a big day for the kids. We had some boundary changes in the district last year, so today was their first day at a new school. Emily seems fine with the move, but Ben has been pretty nervous about the change. When I dropped them off this morning, I was more than a little worried about how he would do. Luckily both of the kids seem to have fabulous teachers and when I picked them up they both said they had had a great day. I am excited that their school is within walking distance and that now they will be going to school with lots of friends from our ward. I hope it will be a good year for all of us.
Yeah, I'm glad the first day went well! I LOVE Emily's dress! I was just telling Aaron last night how funny Ben was with picking out his clothes for the first day.
Keri, I google-earthed it and it is 0.83 miles from our house to the school. That's a pretty big walk for their little legs. I drive them every morning and I'll probably pick them up when the weather is bad. So far they really love the idea of walking home with their friends.
5 comments:
What a fun and darling bunch of kids! I wished my girls could walk home with them all, but it just works better to do the straight shot.
Here's hoping for a fun year (and if Elise ever is bored, give Cecily a call!)
Cute neighborhood bunch. How fun that they can go together. Is it close enough to walk in the winter too? a New school! so exciting!
Yeah, I'm glad the first day went well! I LOVE Emily's dress! I was just telling Aaron last night how funny Ben was with picking out his clothes for the first day.
Keri, I google-earthed it and it is 0.83 miles from our house to the school. That's a pretty big walk for their little legs. I drive them every morning and I'll probably pick them up when the weather is bad. So far they really love the idea of walking home with their friends.
how cute are those kids on their first day!! thanks for taking a picture, it helps ease the pain of not being there with them like i should have been.
Post a Comment