
I don't usually set an alarm clock in the summer. Most days I wake up when one of the kids comes to climb in bed with me or ask me to make breakfast. This morning I woke up to three kids standing next to my bed. Elise was first. “Mom, it’s Bryton’s birthday. Should we call and sing to her right now?” Ben was next in line. He had his Wolf badge in his hand. “Can you sew this on my scout shirt?” Emily was holding a deck of cards. “Will you shuffle these?” It was 8:30, so I can’t complain. Still, it is funny the things that seem urgent to them first thing in the morning.
3 comments:
I would give anything to have my kids sleep past 6 am! :)
At least it wasn't whining!
With Michael it's stickers. He has some new sticker books, and at the crack of dawn (I swear, he's awake earlier, but he knows he isn't allowed to come into our room until it's light outside) he runs in and says, "Can we do stickers now?" I wish it were more like 8:30. Still, it's cute...
Post a Comment