Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday Lunch

I got together with three of my college friends today. It’s Hilary’s birthday tomorrow (aka National Day of Rejoicing), so Cyd and I headed up to Cache Valley to go out to lunch with her and Kaylynn. Cyd offered to be my taxi service since Nate’s car was still out of commission. It was great to have a chance to catch up with her a bit one on one. We met up with Kaylynn, took a tour of Hil’s gorgeous new house, and had a yummy lunch at Firehouse. I feel blessed to have quality friends. We’ve known each other so long and so well that it is always just fun and completely comfortable when we are together. I love that feeling. Plus, we only had six kids with us, so we could actually have complete conversations without interruption. Hardly ever happens.


Abby and (Cyd’s) Elise watched Barbie and the Diamond Castle in the car on the way up. I don’t think their eyes left the screen once the whole time.



4 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Amazing that only 6 kids were there. What did you eat at firehouse? yes I'm a little obsessed with that food.

look, only one comment this time.

Heidi said...

What a fun day. That's how Zack and Austin look watching Toy Story.

Malinda said...

Keri, I had the lunch special with artichoke chicken pasta, bread, strawberry lemonade, and a bit of Cyd’s salad. Then, I got a takeout order of cordon bleu pasta for Nate. (He’s a little obsessed with their food too.)

We missed you! We really did talk about how we could swing a Hawaii trip in March. Be on the lookout for good deals on flights.

Hilary said...

Thanks for the quality day. I'm excited for our Hawaiian adventure. :-)