For the past two months, our Tuesday nights have looked like this:
3:25 – Pick up the kids from school in time to get Ben to his piano lesson at 3:30.
4:00 – Pick up Ben/drop off Emily at Sister Shelton’s. Get Ben ready for soccer practice.
4:30 – One of us picks up Emily while the other one takes Ben to soccer practice. Get Emily ready for soccer practice. Cook dinner.
5:30 – Get Ben home from soccer. Eat dinner.
6:00 – Everyone out the door to Emily’s soccer practice so the other kids can play at the park and Nate and I can spend a whole hour together.
7:00 – Homework, chores, baths, pajamas, scriptures, family prayer, bedtime stories, etc.
It sounds pretty manageable until you throw in a couple of pack meetings, soccer pictures, and some church activities. I’m glad we are a two parent family and have quality friends who have helped with transportation on days when we needed it. Needless to say, it was wonderful to have everyone home at 4:30 this afternoon and to have the rest of the night free. The kids had some friends over to play, we took advantage of the slickdeal at Dominos, and watched The Amazing Race together. It was heavenly. Nate and I even had time to watch an episode of Firefly after the kids were in bed. I’m thankful that soccer seasons are only 8 weeks long.
2 comments:
Crazy! I already feel like is so crazy, I don't know how I will ever add all of that in.
Sounds like my kind of laid back night!
Thanks for having Korbin over so much lately. You guys are the coolest!!! He thinks your house is awesome too! I hope he behaves well. Feel free to mother him if you feel he needs it:) I'll get that book to you tomorrow.
Post a Comment