Friday, October 23, 2009

Reasons 7962 to 7968

. . . that I love my husband:

7962: We had a bridal shower at our house for my new niece-in-law last week. The theme for the shower was “A Night at the Movies” and Nate made a quality interactive DVD game for us to use. He has mad computer skills . . . and “girls only want boyfriends who have great skills . . . you know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.” (If you are reading this and don’t get that joke, I’m not sure we can still be friends.)


7963: He helped me clean the whole house to prepare for the shower.

7964: He took the kids out to eat and then to sit in the hot tub at my brother’s house during the shower. They loved it.

7965: He helped me count Box Tops all weekend.

7966: He taught our primary lesson on Sunday even though it was my turn.

7967: He pretends to care when I ask his opinion about important things like Halloween costumes and hair accessories for the girls.

7968: He figured out what was really wrong with his car and how to fix it (something that seven different Auto Zone employees and his mechanic uncle were unable to do). I love seeing his analytical mind at work and I love that he has learned how to do all kinds of car (and home) repairs to save us big bucks in labor charges.

9 comments:

amity said...

claudy and i both agree that we think nate came with an extra chip or something. wow what a great guy to do all of that.

Claudy said...

Nate does have an extra chip in him. You guys are made for each other. Do you have an extra chip in you as well???
I didn't get the joke the first time around.By the time Jason explains jokes to me it is so not funny. I have such a dry sense of humor.

Claudy said...

I bet Nate could build me the washer and dryer I want. That would be so sweet!!!
Then I could stop wasting time trying to find a way to get the set I want without spending a buck load of $. I'll have to ask him about it next time I see him.

Malinda said...

Claudy, you need to lower your expectations. He might be able to fix your old ones, but he certainly couldn't build new ones from scratch. :)

Amy said...

This post made me laugh - you and Nate are BOTH great! I especially loved reason #7967 - the things husbands have to put up with!

Heidi said...

First off, we aren't friends anymore. I've never even seen that movie, I had to google it to figure out what you were talking about. :)
Nate is a great guy (although I like his brother better!), you guys are totally made for each other!

Katie Jason said...

i love how much you love your husband!
P.S. we can't be friends anymore :(

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I love Nate's quality extra analytical mind. Are you serious he made up a dvd game? You both are incredible and so made for each other. I'm sure your kids will do great things too...that's why I'm insisting that at least one of our children marry one of yours.

Malinda said...

Keri, we'd be happy with all four of our kids marrying Blackburns. It would be a riot at family parties. :)