I just realized I haven’t done a soccer post yet. This was our first year of having three kids playing. I was kind of dreading it. Soccer schedules always complicate life, and I was afraid that with three kids playing it would be too much. Surprisingly, I never really felt burnt out this time around. It monopolized a chunk of time on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but it was fun to watch the kids play. They all had good coaches and we saw some real improvements in their skills this year.
Ben has come a long way since he started playing soccer. He is finally getting to the point where he really gets the rules and how to play. His team always seemed to be a bit outmatched in both size and skill this year, but he had fun and was a much more effective player than ever before (even if they did lose every game).
Emily is still not super aggressive, but is doing loads better than last year. Her coach is pretty intense and that has been really good for Emily. She’s learned a lot about how to play positions and really seems to understand the game. She is best at playing defense, but the highlight of the season was scoring her first goal ever a couple of weeks ago. I missed it (I was at Elise’s game), but just hearing her tell about it was great. It was the only goal her team made in that game and she was so proud of herself.
Elise was really fun to watch. She has certainly benefited from backyard soccer games with the family. She scored her first goal within the first minute of her first game. I think she was the only girl who knew what to do, so when she kicked off and no one got in her way, she just kicked the ball right down to the goal. She scored a goal or two in almost every game, but was still a bit unpredictable. She would go from super aggressive to completely passive from game to game (at times from quarter to quarter).
Abby has been a trooper about spending her Saturday mornings at soccer games. She has her pick of Ben and Emily’s old soccer shirts and usually gets dressed up for the games too. She is a cutie. It will be fun to see how she plays after watching/playing with her siblings for three years.
2 comments:
I wish we didn't live so far and could have made it to a game. This makes me excited for when my kids play until I think of all of the time. They all look so cute in the pictures, I love Abby in the last one!
Such a cute soccer family! That will be fun to have 4 in soccer at the same time in a few years! :) We took the year off from soccer this time and though I miss the games, it is for sure less busy for us, which has been nice.
Post a Comment