Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blue and Gold Cake

Last week was Ben’s Blue and Gold Banquet. This year is the 100th birthday of the Boy Scouts, so they asked each boy to decorate a birthday cake to bring to the dinner. Ben got the idea for his design from the cover of Boy’s Life. I helped him make a pattern on the computer and transfer it to the cake after he had frosted it. Then we set him loose with the bag of blue frosting. I don’t know if I am more proud of him for decorating it, or proud of myself for letting him. It made me twitch just a little to watch him do it, but it turned out great. You could certainly tell which cakes were decorated by nine year old boys and which were decorated by their moms.


6 comments:

Claudy said...

We tried and we just couldn't do it. We helped Korbin! I don't feel bad about helping a little since some moms did all the work :)

Malinda said...

Claudy, you're cute. I certainly wasn't referring to you. And, I don't care that some moms did the cakes . . . I'm just saying that it was easy to spot the mom cakes.

Heidi said...

If I was one of the moms that had done it they probably would have thought it was my child. Ben's cake is very impressive! Do you think he'd do Gavin's birthday cake for me?

Hilary said...

Ok, so I would have put Ben's cake in the "Parents helped" category because that is how MY cakes turn out. Actually, it's a little fancier than my cakes. I already know that I make you twitch, Malin, but it's true.

Katie Jason said...

I was laughing at the twitch comment . . I think I will be twitchy for things like that too! The cake turned out great though!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Good Job Ben. I think I'm in the same category as Hil-dog...the twitching..head hurting catagory..lol