Emily had her first piano recital a couple of weeks ago. She played “Once There Was a Princess” and “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.” It was Ben’s third recital. He played “Star Traveler” and “Our Detective Agency.” They were both more nervous than I have seen them get for anything. I think their nerves got to them because they both made a couple of mistakes in the songs that they had been playing flawlessly for weeks. Still, they did a fabulous job overall and we are super proud of them for working so hard.
Last Thursday the kids got to participate in a folk dancing performance at the high school. The PTA at their school pays for a professional dance instructor to come for a couple of weeks and teach the kids different dances from around the world. Emily’s class got to do a dance from Germany and Ben’s class did a Japanese dance. They both did a great job and had lots of fun. Ben isn’t known for being particularly coordinated, so I was especially impressed (aka shocked) that he was able to learn some quality dance moves.
4 comments:
Hey Malinda, where do they take piano at? Preston has been wanting to learn.
Celeste, they go to Bonnie Shelton. We've really liked her. She's been great with the kids. It's $40 a month for four, half-hour lessons. I know she has a really full schedule right now, but maybe she could squeeze him in.
Oh cool! I will have to talk to her! Thanks!! :)
Way to go Ben and Emily! You guys did an awesome job!
Post a Comment