Our Harry Potter rule is that the kids have to read the books before they can see the movies. On Friday night, we let the girls have a slumber party in the yellow room so Ben could watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone with me and Nate. He kept saying “that isn’t how I pictured it in my imagination” and “this part is different than how it was in the book,” but he still loved it.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Rabid Reader
I love these pictures of Ben. I’m not sure why it surprises me that he loves to read, but it does. It also makes me very happy. He came up the other day and told us that he had read every book on his bookshelf and needed something to read. I didn’t entirely believe him, so I looked. It was true. He really had read every stinking book on there. We decided that it might be a good time to introduce him to Harry Potter. Since we have the audiobook, we thought it would be fun for him to listen while he read. Nate would load up a couple of chapters for him on an MP3 player every night before bed and Ben would follow along in the book while he listened. He loved it! He finished the first two books and is now re-reading the first book (sans audio . . . we don’t want him to become addicted to that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Harry Potter books are the best! Jessica, Shalice and Dale and I have read (or listened) to all of them as well. They are a favorite in our house, as well as the movies. Ben's reading habits remind me of Shalice. I never would have guessed that of her either. She'll read about 2 books a week and loves the fantasy genre.
I like your rule - when Michael is old enough to handle Harry Potter, I think we'll follow it too!
I also love those pictures of Ben, especially the laundry basket. I can't believe he's old enough to read Harry Potter. When I think of Ben I think I still picture like a 3 or 4 year old. Love that boy!
Post a Comment