Yesterday, we were sitting outside with the kids after Ben got home from school. Nate and I were on the bench on the front porch when Kellen (a five year old from two doors down the street) rode up on his bike and said "Can you play with me?" He was talking to Nate. Nate said, "What do you want to play?" Kellen: "Star Wars." Nate (to the kids): "Hey guys, do you want to go get the lightsabers and guns and play Star Wars with Kellen?" Kellen: "No, I want to play with you. Are you going to play? I need someone really tough to play with."
It is easy to see why our kids (and the neighbors) love it when Nate is home. I didn’t get a picture while they were playing Star Wars, but here is the soccer game that followed. I’m glad that my kids have a fun dad who will play with them.

The quote of the day comes from that soccer game. Nate kicked the ball right into Ben's pants and it bounced off. I said, "Nice block, Ben." Then he said, "Yeah, I blocked it with my privacy."
2 comments:
Nate is a great dad! Way to go with your privacy Ben!!:)
That is fantastic news. It's like having a neighborhood babysitter and playmate built into one. I will be sending my children over later.
Post a Comment