Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family News

We’ve had some exciting things happen in our family during the last couple of months. In a perfect world, I would have blogged about them each in turn, but in the real world I’ll just lump them all together right here.

Sarah was sealed to Kevin and Jody in the Ogden Temple on March 26th, and her baby blessing was on April 17th. We’re glad that we were able to go to both of those events. I thought it might be tricky to get an active ten-month-old to sit still, but she sat perfectly still and quiet for both the sealing and the blessing. She is a sweet baby and we are happy that she is part of our family.



Bryson left on his mission on April 6th. He is serving in the California, Santa Rosa Mission. We went to his farewell (or whatever it is they call that meeting these days) the last week of March and then went again for a little open house/birthday celebration on the 3rd. He seemed really well prepared and I think he will be a great missionary.



Matt and Jenny welcomed a new baby boy to their family on April 21st. After much debate about a name, they decided on David Rex. I like to pretend that I influenced their decision by saying that they could call him D-Rex as a cool nickname. He sure is a cutie.


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so happy for Kevin and Jody!

Kaylynn said...

All good family news! The pictures of the babies are so cute. You would never know the whole stories of all it took to get those 2 kids.

Claudy said...

Wahhhooo for The Ogden Temple! The Ogden temple holds a nice warm spot in my heart. Jody and Kevin made the perfect temple choice in my book!

amity said...

what really great family bonding events you have had over the last couple of months. that is really exciting!! congratulations to your sister. i am so glad everything if final and eternal.