Fathers and Sons
When we got to North Fork Park, we set up the trailer and waited for everybody to come. We saw a moose west of our campsite. Then the Wheelers came. After that the Crowells (Kaitlin’s Family . . . you better put that because there are so many Crowells) and so on. I was playing a game with Gideon and Enoch that was kind of like mythology. Then I looked for wood and started cutting it and putting it in the fire to make log cabins. As soon as the log cabins became coals, we placed our scout dinners on top of it. We waited for about 40 minutes and then took it off and ate dinner. Then we heard the talk from President Ferguson. When it got dark enough we started making a big bonfire. We ate marshmallows, raspberry crisp, cherry chocolate, pineapple pudding, and many other treats. I stayed and cut logs and helped put logs in the fire. When it got to about 10:00, we all went to bed. I was not good at sleeping in the trailer at all. When morning came, I helped start a fire so that we would all get warmed up. We ate breakfast a few hours after and I played with Brother Stoddart and other boys. We played this football catch game where there was one person on one side of the pavement and the rest of us on the other side. When the person on the other side of the pavement threw the ball we tried to catch it so we could be the one on the other side. Our fire was going out so we made a log cabin. After everybody else left to go home, the only people left were the Wheelers, the Stoddarts, and us. I played with Gideon and Enoch plus Berrett. Berrett thought it was really fun. He decided that next time we went on Fathers and Sons we could play that game again. We left and marked off the campsites. While we were marking off the campsites, we saw a mother moose and its baby. We came back after we were done marking off the campsites. We saw the Fergusons with a BB gun and a pistol that held BBs as well. We played with the Fergusons for about 30 minutes. The pop cans were full and it was cool when they exploded. Then when it was time to leave I told Dad that we should probably buy a BB gun. Dad thought about it for a while. He said that the one the Fergusons had was about $60. I said that I would try to earn $2 every day. (I already had a $20 gift card.) When we came home, we took a shower and then went to Emily’s soccer game.
Girls’ Night
We had a girls’ night when Ben and Dad went to the fathers and sons campout. We played in the backyard while my mom took a nap on the lawn. When my mom woke up we had chicken pot pie while we watched The Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prairie in the family room. Then we went downstairs and watched Enchanted. My mom slept in the guest room and me and my sisters slept in her bed. In the morning we went to the Safe Kids Fair to get free bike helmets. It was really fun so we went again after my soccer game. Dad and Ben were home when we got home from Elise’s soccer game.
4 comments:
Fun stuff. I like how your kids remember little details. :)
So are you really considering having Ben get a BB gun?
I loved reading their own words. It sounds like they had fun, although I'm curious about what mythology game Ben played.
cool that they saw moose, I love how ben kept mentioning the "log cabin" in the fire, a boy scout for sure!
I love the difference in the details. This post made me realize how grown-up they are getting! :(
Post a Comment