Who knew that those big springs above the garage door actually did something? I honestly never even noticed them. Until yesterday. When they broke. And trapped the van inside. Ironically, it was the first time I’ve parked inside the garage in two weeks. Nate has been working on a project in the garage, so I’ve been parking in the driveway. It was raining when I took the kids to school yesterday, so when I got home I decided to pull the van into Nate’s spot. When I went to take Elise to school, the garage door would only open about four inches. I even tried to pull the red handle to open it manually, but it wouldn’t budge. Luckily I have good neighbors. Callie took Elise to school for me and Claudy brought the kids home after school. The nice garage door repairman came and a measly $245 later, everything is working great.
I’m not a big fan of bumps in the road. I get kind of grumpy when things don’t go exactly the way I have planned. So, I’m giving myself kudos for not getting too upset about a little garage door issue. After my initial growl, I got over it and didn’t let it bother me for the rest of the day. That is big for me. I’m going to try to make it a habit.
6 comments:
That is a good goal. I have that same problem sometimes. Glad your garage door is working again.
so sorry about the garage door. nothing sucks more than when you have to pay for something that you hadn't planned on paying for. way to go for not getting too upset. did you feel trapped when you couldn't use your van? i always think of a thousand places i need to go when i have no way of getting there.
Way to Malinda!
I'm glad you're looking at the upside of things.
FYI- I almost have the list of jobs for Ben ready. He's going to make a fortune off of us in just one week. :)
Way to go on not letting it bug you, but sorry about the dinero.
Good job not getting mad, I am having appliance issues, and I am flaming mad because I have paid the fix it lady $440, yet still nothing she has done has fixed the problem! I am so mad! "Deep breath, it will be ok" That is what I keep trying to tell myself.
Crystal, $440 with no results would have me flaming mad too. That is frustrating! I think the real reason I didn't get upset was because when I googled it, I found out that garage springs typically last 5-7 years. I figured that getting 8.5 years out of them was pretty good.
Post a Comment