Friday, June 20, 2008

Activity Days Hike

This morning was the big Activity Days hike. I love the girls in our ward, but I came home saying “my kids are tough!” Most of the girls did a pretty good job and they all made it to the top, but there was a whole lot of whining on the way up. There were certainly no spontaneous expressions of “I’m so glad that Jesus made this beautiful world for us to live in” like we heard from Ben on Saturday. My kids felt pretty proud when I told them that they were better hikers than the older girls. I think I need to tell them that it is our little secret before we go to Primary on Sunday and they blurt it out.


Ready to set out.


We made it!


Grandma Reatha watched the kids while I was gone. They played outside for a while, played a couple of games of Sorry, and watched a movie (after I got home and showed her how to work the DVD player).


My cute map-maker husband made some quality maps for me to take along. One marked every 10th of a mile so we could see how far we had come. On the other one he mapped the difficulty of each part of the trail based on the contour lines of a topographic map. He is a cool kid!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Nate cracks me up! I think that kids are just getting too lazy to hike and enjoy it! Way to be a woman and take them.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I love Nate's map. My dad would be impressed. He loves maps/making maps.

Dale Clarke said...

Those girls are all getting so grown-up! I think older girls are just more whiny and they feed off each other. Just wait until all 3 of yours are teenagers!

Heather said...

You are an animal Malin! I ought to take my group of activity day girls on a hike (though it would really be a walk since the mountains are further away here).