Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hike

See that mountain over there . . . one of these days I’m going to climb that mountain, mountain, mountain.


I’m taking the activity days girls on a hike next week, so today we took the kids to check out the trail. They did GREAT. Ben and Emily hiked the whole way up without complaining. Elise made it about a third of the way and Nate carried her on his back the rest of the way. Abby got to ride in the Snugli on Mom’s belly. Luckily, she loved it. Every time I would ask her if she was having fun, she would nod her head. She was a trooper and didn’t whine one time.

We had a great view from the top of the ridge. It was awesome! We even got to play in some snow. Three guys on horses came up while we were eating our snacks. They let the kids feed the horses and even sit on one for a minute. It was a definite highlight for the kids. Dodging horse poop on the way down the trail wasn’t quite as much fun.


Starting up the trail. Ben took the lead most of the way.


Almost to the top. I love that Abby was pointing out the scenery to Nate.


Here we are at the top. It was fun to play in snow in the middle of June.


When we got home and asked the kids what they liked best about the hike, they all said “the horses.”


That’s our house.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That sounds like fun! You guys are funny, thanks for pointing out your house.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

So Fun!! Elise looks so tall on the back of that horse!

With both of your attention to detail I'm sure that is an exact location of your home. Cool.