Swimming
Yesterday we had our first family day at the pool. I was planning on taking the kids by myself, but Nate’s afternoon appointment canceled so he got to come with us. Ben and Elise each had a bit of a meltdown, so I was very glad he was there. I promised the kids that we would go swimming a lot this summer, so I’m going to have to be brave and embrace the idea of one mom and four kids at the pool. I think I can, I think I can.
After two weeks of watching her brother and sisters at swimming lessons, Abby was very excited to get in the water. She loved it.
Emily and Elise found Tucker and Abby, a couple of friends from church, to hang out with for a while. They had fun playing together. The girls look a little funny with their life jackets on when they are in the shallow water, but it is nice that they can go anywhere they want without me worrying too much. They don’t seem to mind wearing them, so I’m not going to rock the boat.
Elise bumped into another kid on the slide and cut her lip with her tooth. This is her 2nd fat lip in two months for the exact same reason. Hopefully it is not the start of a trend. She was so upset that she cried herself to sleep. This is how she spent the second hour of our outing.
Ben loved jumping off the high dive. He looked pretty brave standing in line with kids a foot taller than him.
2 comments:
Ben sure is a good swimmer! He is braver than I am when it comes to the diving board. He is getting so tall and thin - just like his dad.
I loved the twist- Ben you're awesome! I love the picture of Abby, what a cutie! Give Elise lots of hugs and kisses from me, poor thing.
Post a Comment