Thursday, June 19, 2008
Hyrum Petting Zoo
Today I took the kids up to visit Kaylynn and meet Carly. We had a fun time hanging out at their house. It was good to catch up with Kaylynn and get my weekly fix of holding a newborn. The kids got to ride Sparky (the pony), drive Buck (the mini four wheeler), and feed Male and Female (the rabbits . . . their real names were snowball and smoky, but Ben just called them Male and Female). Ben fell in love with the rabbits. It was definitely the highlight of the trip for him and he has been begging us for a rabbit ever since. That’s just not going to happen. The girls all liked the pony rides the best. Elise fell off when Sparky got going a little bit faster than she could handle, but she was a brave kid and got right back on that horse. We had a little picnic in the shade of their shed and the kids played in the sprinklers. It was a good fun time. We’re glad we have cool friends who live in the “country”.
Abby LOVED the pony. Every time we were switching riders, she would want to get on. I was a little afraid to let her ride, especially when the pony picked up the pace a bit, but Emily was a good sister and held on tight.
Elise liked playing with her new friend Lucy. On the way home she said “I love Lucy a lot. She is really nice.”
Ben loved cruising around on the little four wheeler. Cruising might be a bit of an overstatement since it topped out at one mile an hour, but he liked it.
Elise and Ben feeding “Female.”
Hanna hurt her toe playing soccer. She came out using a wooden dowel for a crutch and had made herself a cast by wrapping a scarf around her foot. Kids are funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have played at Kay-dogs house too. What a fun filled adventure!
I guess since it topped out at one mile an hour I won't give you a lecture on helmets. :) It looks like you guys had fun, my boys would've gone crazy over the horse.
Post a Comment